Northeastern Catholic District School Board
ZONE A: KapuskasingNumber of Available Seats: 1
ZONE B: Tamiskaming ShoresNumber of Available Seats: 1
ZONE C: Cochrane, Iroquois FallsNumber of Available Seats: 1
ZONE D: Kirkland Lake, EnglehartNumber of Available Seats: 2
ZONE E: Timmins, MoosoneeNumber of Available Seats: 4
Paula DEL GUIDICEElected
Colleen LANDERSElectedAbout Me:
Colleen Landers firstname.lastname@example.org 705-266-3201
- Colleen resides in Timmins Ontario and married to my husband, Michael, mother of three children who attended O’Gorman High and “Nana” to six grandchildren.
- …Colleen is a graduate of O'Gorman Catholic High School and member of the O’Gorman Family where she has volunteered for reunions and other school events.
- Certified as a registered nurse, Colleen worked in the Timmins hospitals for 34 years in many areas of nursing and started “Landers Consulting” in 2000. She has spoken Nationally and Internationally to help Improve health care for patients in Canada.
- Colleen Landers has been a Catholic trustee for 31 years and has served as Chair and Vice Chair over her tenure with the Northeastern Catholic District School Board. She has served on the following committees at NCDSB as a trustee: Budget, Policy, Special Education Advisory, Joint Transportation, Catholic Faith, First Nations Advisory, Audit and Interviews of Directors.
- Colleen attends all boards and committee meetings and is an active participant at meetings and events at Northeastern Catholic District School Board schools in both Timmins and Moosonee areas when invited.
- She has extensive experience & knowledge as a trustee, having completed the 21 “Good Governance for School Boards" trustee certificate courses from the OESC and Ontario Catholic Trustee Association and obtained a certificate of completion of a recognized university course on "Catholic Education.
- She is a Director of the Ontario Catholic School Trustees Association (OCSTA) for Region 1, which represents four boards in northeastern Ontario covering the areas of Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay and Sault Ste. Marie. She has served on the Political Advocacy Committee, Budget & Human Resources Committee, Catholic Education and Conference committee where she chaired many conferences, as well as ad hoc committees for interviews of the CEO and for Review of By Laws. She has spoken at several conferences on topics such as “The Role of a Catholic Trustees”. She has participated in several Lobby Day at Queen’s Park for Catholic Education interviewing MP’s and MPP’s
- She was a Director on Canadian Catholic School Trustee Association representing Ontario for 6 years.
- Colleen was a Ministry of Ontario appointment board member of the Ontario College of Teachers of Ontario from 2017-2021.
- Years of community involvement such as 21 years with Sports for Kids Timmins charity (helps children from low-income families play sport) President for the last 10 year, President of the Timmins Porcupine Figure Skating Club for years, served on the Timmins Minor Hockey Association, the Timmins Majors AAA board, the Timmins Low Rental Housing board; and a volunteer facilitator for “Self Help” for Senior citizen homes in Northeastern Ontario 2002-2009.
- Awards received are Women of the Year for Timmins in 2008; Volunteer of the Year award for leadership in 2012; Diamond Jubilee Governor Generals Medal for volunteer work 2012; Winner Ontario National Kid Sport Volunteer award 2016; Medical Device Reprocessing Isabel Campbell Award in 2000; and John Jenkins 2022 Award in recognition of exceptional leadership, outstanding commitment to education, and significant contributions to the development of the Canadian Standards in Health Care for Medical Device Reprocessing.
- Parish Involvement: President of St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Women’s League, Chair of the Resolution and Legislation for the Timmins Diocesan Catholic Women’s League, Eucharistic, Choral and Lecturer Minister and assist in preparing children for First Reconciliation and First Communion.
- A Life member and Past President of the Medical Device Reprocessing of Ontario, having taught the Medical Device Reprocessing course in northern Ontario for 20 years and co-author of the Medical device Reprocessing textbook. Swerved as Education Director for the Canadian Medical Device Reprocessing Board for 4 years.
- Member of the Technical Committee of the Canadian Standards Council for Health Care since 2000. The winning the Canadian Volunteer award for Health care for contribution to the Canadian Standards in 2009 and the John Jenkins award for her contribution to the Canadian Health Care Standards in 2022.
As an experienced trustee, that has impeccable attendance at board and committee meetings with extensive input and participation, Colleen is seeking re-election as an English Catholic Trustee for Northeastern Catholic District School Board. Colleen has worked tirelessly to ensure all children have the right to the best English Catholic Education. More
Glenn Allan SHECULSKIElected