Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board
Thunder Bay including Oliver Paipoonge, Shuniah Township, Lakehead District locality, Neebing Township, Conmee Township, O'Connor Township, Gillies TownshipNumber of Available Seats: 6
Lawrence BADANAIElectedAbout Me:
I will bring a fresh perspective to the table, that of a parent with a young child, while also respecting all sides of the educational experience. I grew up inspired by my father who lived & breathed service …to the TBCDSB. My priorities are to build on our existing strengths that make Catholic education unique & rewarding: integration of our faith in every aspect of our students' lives instilling hope, empathy & confidence in them; developing effective & necessary open communication tools for both schools & parents, & working together to make our school communities places of accessibility, compassion, inclusion, & sharing.
Please feel free to contact me & share your ideas for championing our children's Catholic education. Let's work together!
f: www.facebook.com/VoteBadanai/ More
Tony PUCCIAbout Me:
SKILLS THAT I WILL BRING TO THE POSITION FO TRUSTEE BASED ON
MY PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY BACKGROUND
- social and organizational vision
- initiative skills
- effective networking …skills at the community and individual levels
- effective communication and working together within a multicultural,
diverse and pluralistic community context
- management skills in running a large organization with many employees
- financial skills in running a large organization
- leadership skills in dealing with the three levels of government
- constructive leadership skills with all ages, gender and diverse groups
BACKGROUND INVOLVEMENT AND EXPERIENCES
- 35.78 years of teaching experience from Kindergarten to OAC-Grade 12
- Instructed courses at both the College and University
- Taught Italian Heritage Language courses
- Founding member and past president of the Thunder Bay Multicultural
- Founding member of the annual Folklore Festival
- Published historian locally, nationally and internationally
- Historical researcher for the Multicultural History Society of Ontario
- Past treasurer for the Ontario Multicultural Association
- Active parishioner and Minister of the Word at St. Anthony’s Roman
Catholic Church since 1980 More
Tom WALTERSAbout Me:
My name is Tom Walters and I am running as a trustee candidate for the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board in the upcoming municipal election in Thunder Bay.
I have lived in Thunder Bay for …the last 30 years, and been married to Janet Sillman for 25 years. I have four children Tyson, Tynessa, Tim and Alina. Two attended public schools and two attended catholic schools.
I am the CEO of George Jeffrey Children's Centre, a paediatric rehabilitation centre but will be retiring in October and will have more time to contribute to our community.
Before this, I was the Executive Director of Children's Centre Thunder Bay, a children's mental health centre for 25 years.
I have two Master's degrees, one in social work and the other in healthcare administration and considerable experience on Boards of Directors. Currently, I am the Board Chair of the Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division. I served on the Board of the United Way of Thunder Bay from 2014 to 2016. I was a member and Chair of the Thunder Bay Crime Prevention Council from 2011 to 2014. I was honoured to receive the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal in 2002 for my work in mental health.
In 2011, I received the Elizabeth Manson Award for Community Service in Children's Mental Health from Sick Kids Hospital and in 2012, the City of Thunder Bay presented me with a Citizen of Exceptional Achievement Award.
I am passionate about improving the lives of children, youth and families. Children are our future and we need to support, guide and teach them well. I hope to have your vote in October. More