York Catholic District School Board
Aurora, King, Whitchurch,StouffvilleNumber of Available Seats: 1
Elizabeth CROWEElectedAbout Me:
Being a Catholic trustee reflects my commitment to family, faith, and using your God-
given talents to serve your community and I ask for your support on September 22.
During my 24 years …as trustee, including 18 years as Chair of the Board, I have witnessed
many changes in pedagogy, funding and Provincial Policy and I believe that I have led the York Catholic DSB through these changes, mitigating negative impacts and taking full advantage of new initiatives, always with the focus on student success through a uniquely Catholic lens. This experience is invaluable as the York Catholic DSB establishes a positive working relationship with the newly elected Provincial government. As Chair of the Board and as a Director of the Ontario Catholic Trustees Association I have worked at the municipal and provincial level to build partnerships, strengthen support for Catholic Education, and advocate for equitable and
Over the years I have found that the knowledge and skills I learned while attaining a
B.Eng with a Minor in Business and a M.Eng in Structural Engineering have served me well when balancing budgets and dealing with school construction and capital.
I pride myself on being an accessible and accountable representative, advocating and
serving both my local constituents and the Catholic community of York Region. Being a trustee is my only job and my vocation as a devout Catholic. I am always available to answer questions, provide advice, and most importantly to advocate for those whose concerns have not been heard.
I am committed to ensuring that the schools in my community are treated fairly and that parents, students, and staff have a voice. More
East Gwillimbury, Georgina, NewmarketNumber of Available Seats: 1
Markham Wards 1,2,3 & 6Number of Available Seats: 1
Carol COTTONElectedAbout Me:
I have been a passionate and diligent YCDSB Trustee for over 20 years and a Director on the Ontario Catholic School Trustee Association for 8 years. My key priorities remain:
1. To promote and protect …our constitutional rights to Catholic education,
2. To demand fiscal accountability and seek new efficiencies in order to maximize resource allocation to the classroom level,
3. To ensure that parent and student input is encouraged and valued and
4. To provide safe and caring schools, with a curriculum directed by the Gospel, fostering student success, good citizenship and service to others.
Please visit my website for more details. More
Markham Wards 4,5,7 & 8Number of Available Seats: 1
Sam CUDAAbout Me:
Over 31 years Teaching experience with the York Catholic District School Board with 30 years teaching in Markham (Area 2). As both an experienced High School and Elementary teacher, I understand the needs …of our COMMUNITY and the important interrelationship between the Church, School and Family.
I AM COMMITTED TO:
-Ensuring that our Separate Schools are receiving their fair share of Provincial Tax Revenues for Education.
-Providing an extension of Mental Health and Drug Awareness programs at both the Elementary and High Schools
-Quality Education-21st Century Learner to all ages and for ALL levels of Learning
-Increasing programs in Special Education, Guidance, Arts, Health and Education, Co-operative Education in order to prepare students for the challenges of the current working world.
-Putting an end to overcrowded and split classrooms so that our children can receive the individual attention they deserve.
-Providing an extension of services for families of new Canadians in English as a second language.
-Increasing programs for Adult Education Employment training, English as a second language, re-entry programs and courses for senior citizens.
-That we develop strong and informed Parent Associations
Richmond HillNumber of Available Seats: 2
Dominic MAZZOTTAElectedAbout Me:
I have served as a full-time York Catholic School Trustee for the community of Richmond Hill for the past eight years. I was a former teacher and administrator with the YCDSB. My philosophy of education …has always been "putting students first". I have being a strong effective Catholic voice at the board and I seek the honour and privilege to serve you once again. More
Vaughan Ward 1Number of Available Seats: 1
Teresa CIARAVELLAAbout Me:
It has been a great honor to serve the Maple/Kleinburg communities as YCDSB Trustee since 2003. For the past 15 years, I have spearheaded and supported numerous initiatives that have benefited students …and families across the Maple/ Kleinburg communities. I have been an active member in schools throughout Vaughan for more than 24 years. As a passionate and committed Catholic Trustee, the success of each student is paramount to me. I remain a strong advocate for promoting Catholicity in schools and advocating for the success and well-being of all students.
· New Catholic Elementary School in Kleinburg, Pope Francis CES, in 2016
· Establishment of an Early Learning Centre in Maple
· Advanced Placement Program at St. Joan of Arc CHS
· Host annual Catholicity and Literacy and Numeracy Workshops for Parents
· Increase enrolment of our French Immersion Program
· Instrumental in improving student safety through school yard improvements (St. James and Holy Jubilee CES)
· Keeping parents informed through my monthly “Trustee Corner”
Active Committee Member of
· Vaughan in Motion to Cure Cancer
· Holy Spirit Portuguese Group at St. David’s Parish
· Catholic Women’s Society-CWS
· Parkinson SuperWalk Vaughan
· Active volunteer at St. David’s Parish and St. Andre Bessette Parish
· Accommodation/Corporate Services, Chair since 2013
· Policy Review Committee, Chair
· Integration of Catholic Faith
· Student Success and Pathways
· Special Education Advisory
· York Catholic Parent Involvement
In the next four year term, I will be committed to:
· Having a Full-Time Chaplain in all YCDSB Secondary Schools
· Improving Transportation Service to allow students to ride the bus along with their eligible siblings
· Advocating for the construction of a Catholic High School in the Kleinburg/Northern Woodbridge area
· Restoring school driveways and fields that are in need of repair
· Advocating for greater access to resources and programs for Students with Special Education Needs
Follow me on Twitter@TeresaCiaravel1
Visit my website at www.teresaciaravella.comor reach out at TCiaravella@gmail.com More
Vaughan Ward 2Number of Available Seats: 1
Daniele DI NARDO
Vaughan Ward 3Number of Available Seats: 1
Vaughan Wards 4/5Number of Available Seats: 1